Canon C300 S35 EOS Cinema camcorder announced!
November 3, 2011
Canon announced their first S35 EOS Cinema camcorder Canon C300! The keynote is still running, but I will update this blog in the following hours.
- Single 8.3 megapixel 2160×3840 Super-35 CMOS sensor (4K resolution) with Digic DV III processor
- Canon XF codec (50Mbps 4:2:2 1080p30 MPEG2 MXF) records to two Compact Flash card slots
- Canon Log gamma, SDI, compact body, Custom Presets and menus similar to Canon XF series
- Exposure and focus control are completely manual — there is no AE or AF on either camera
- Sold as a system, incl. LCD monitor / XLR audio unit, side grip, top handle, batt. & charger
- 10 bit 4:2:2 external, only single link HD-SDI
- no 4:4:4 10 bit (only single link HD-SDI)
- 4:2:2 8bit 50mb/s MXF wrapped Mpeg 2 to CF internal
- 24P, 25P, 30P, 1080p
- 60P at 720
- 2 CF card slots
- 4″ LCD monitor
- XLR outputs on the handle
- HDMI & HD/SDI out
- SD card for stills
- Time Code with Genlock
- Availability: Jan. 2012; Price: appx.
$16,000 USDupdate: $20,000 (for C300)
The camera has a 4K sensor, but which is limited to 1080p! That’s a bit odd! Also it’s only possible to shoot slow motion at 720p with 50 frames in Europe or 60 frames in the US.
First footage shot by Vincent LaForet online:
New prime lenses announced, which resolve up to 4K resolution (EF-Mount only):
Already announced earlier this year:
- Canon Zoom Lens CN-E14.5-60mm T2.6 L S (wide zoom, EF version)
- Canon Zoom Lens CN-E14.5-60mm T2.6 L SP (wide zoom, PL version)
- Canon Zoom Lens CN-E30-300mm T2.95-3.7 L S (telephoto zoom, EF version)
- dCanon Zoom Lens CN-E30-300mm T2.95-3.7 L SP (telephoto zoom, PL version)
Here are the first photos by engadget: